This guide shows how you can create a Quantum (QTUM) paper wallet in a secure and easy way.
What you need:
– A computer you are never going to connect to the internet again (called “offline-pc” in this guide)
– A printer which is connected to this PC by wire
– A clean USB-stick
Create a Quantum paper wallet step by step:
1) Go to the wallet section on Quantum’s official website https://qtumeco.io/wallet and download the Electrum wallet for your operating system.
2) Now copy the downloaded file to your offline-pc by using the USB drive.
3) Install the app on the offline-pc.
4) After starting the program you can enter a name for your wallet. We call it myOfflineQtumWallet here. Then click Next.
5) On the next page we choose to create a Standard wallet.
6) After that we opt for Create a new seed.
7) Now we can decide whether we want to create a Standard or Segwit seed. We choose Standard for now.
8) On the next page, your mnemonic seed is presented to you. This seed is all you need to re-create your wallet at any time. Make sure to copy the words to a new text document.
9) Now Electrum prompts you to enter your seed in a text field. This is to make sure you have a backup of your 12 words.
10) Electrum wants you to set a password now. We leave the two text fields empty, because we don’t need them for our purpose.
11) You have successfully created your wallet now and Electrum’s main window is presented to you. Click Receive.
12) Now copy your Receiving address to your text document, where we have previously entered your 12 word mnemonic seed.
13) Your text document should look like in the screenshot below. Print this document using your wire-connected printer and you finally got your paper wallet. This piece of paper is all you will ever need to stay in control of your QTUM tokens sent to your receiving address. Make sure nobody gets hold of it.
14) You can now send QTUM tokens for example from an exchange platform like Kraken or Binance to your personal wallet by using the receiving address.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. We endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, but we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under our control. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.