This guide shows how you can create a Stellar Lumen (XLM) paper wallet in a secure and easy way.
What you need:
– A computer you are never going to connect to the internet again (called “offline-pc” in this guide)
– A printer which is connected to this PC by wire
– A clean USB-stick
Create a Stellar Lumen paper wallet step by step:
1) Open the site https://stellar.github.io/paper-wallet/
2) Download the website. This step depends on your browser. In Mozilla Firefox, first press the menu button, then click “Save page as”. In Chrome, click the menu button, then click “More tools” and finally click “Save page as”.
3) Copy the downloaded website to your offline-pc by using the USB-drive. Then open the downloaded file.
4) You will see a page like in the screenshot below. Do not worry about the note that this project is no longer maintained. It still works for our purpose. Click “Generate” to create new keys.
5) Now just print this site using a wire-connected printer and you are alright. If your printer saves the printed documents, it’s a good idea to delete them afterwards. Now you are ready to send funds to your Stellar Lumen paper wallet. The first address, starting with a “G” is your public address. The second one is your private key.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. We endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, but we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under our control. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.