What you need to know
The Stellar lumen network has a built in inflation mechanism. This means the total supply of XLM grows at a rate of 1 % per year. The new tokens are distributed amongst the stellar lumen holders who are part of an inflation pool.
A word of warning
This guide is written in a way that it works for XLM holders who are using a paper wallet. As you’ll see below, you will be prompted to expose your private key. Frankly, we don’t recommend that normally. We simply don’t know any method to sign up for the inflation rewards without doing so. If you do, please tell us!
This leaves us with the two options:
1) Simply don’t join any inflation pool
2) Expose your private key once and earn the inflation rewards
Personally we go with option 2. It’s your choice.
How to join a Stellar Lumen inflation pool step by step
1) Open the Transaction Builder on the official Stellar homepage by clicking this link: https://www.stellar.org/laboratory/#txbuilder?network=public
2) Copy your Public Key (the one which starts with “G”) in the Source Account field.
3) Click the button “Fetch next sequence number for account starting with …”.
4) Scroll down to the “Operation Type” field and select “Set Options”.
5) In the Inflation Destination field you need to paste the address of your chosen inflation pool.
Personally we use https://lumenaut.net. This platform’s address is
6) Now click “Sign in Transaction Signer” at the bottom of the page.
7) Enter your private key in the field “Add Signer”.
8) Next press “Submit to Post Transaction Endpoint” at the bottom of the page
9) Click “Submit” at the bottom of the following page. Now you successfully subscribed to an inflation pool and will start to earn your rewards.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. We endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, but we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under our control. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.