This guide explains how you can easily create an Ethereum paper wallet.
What you need:
– A computer you are never going to connect to the internet again (called “offline-pc” in this guide)
– A printer which is connected to this PC by wire
– A clean USB-stick
Create an Ethereum paper wallet step by step:
1) Open the website https://github.com/kvhnuke/etherwallet/releases/latest. This site contains the myetherwallet project, which lets you create a paper wallet in a secure and easy way. Click on “ether wallet-v3.21.24.zip” to download the archive. Note that the version number (here: v3.21.24) may change in the future.
2) Copy the archive to our offline-pc by using a usb-drive.
3) Extract the zip-archive and open the “index.html” file on the offline-pc
4) Now you’ll see some words of warning as shown in the screenshot below. You can close this dialogue by clicking the little “X” in the upper right hand corner.
5) Next you will see a page where you are prompted to enter a password. You have to enter at least 9 characters. You can do that randomly because we won’t need that passphrase for our paper wallet. Then click “Create New Wallet”.
6) Next you need to download the keystore file by clicking “Download Keystore File (UTC/JSON). After you got it, you can delete it right away because we will later have all the needed information on our paper wallet. Then click “I understand. Continue.”.
7) On the following page, click “Print Paper Wallet”.
8) This generates your paper wallet finally which will look similar to this.
Make sure your printer is wire-connected to your PC (Wifi should be turned off anyway). After printing you should check if your printer saves the printed documents. If this is the case, delete them.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. We endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, but we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under our control. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.