This guide explains how you can easily create a Monero paper wallet.
What you need:
– A computer you are never going to connect to the internet again (called “offline-pc” in this guide)
– A printer which is connected to this PC by wire
– A clean USB-stick
Create a Monero paper wallet step by step:
1) Open the website https://getmonero.org/downloads/. This is the downloads section of the official Monero website.
2) Choose the operation system of your offline-pc and download the GUI-Version.
3) Copy the downloaded archive to your offline-pc using the usb-drive and extract the archive.
4) Open the “monero-wallet-gui” program and choose your language.
5) Choose “Create a new wallet”.
6) Copy the 25 seed words to a new text document.
7) You don’t need to enter a password on the next page. Just go on by clicking the arrow.
8) Accordingly you don’t have to change anything on the next page. Just click on the arrow.
9) Your wallet is no set up. Click “USE MONERO”.
10) Next your pc may inform you that the wallet can’t connect to the internet. This is exactly what we wanted to achieve. Just skip this message.
11) Now click on “Receive” on the left side of the window.
12) Copy the primary address by clicking the the symbol highlighted in the screenshot below and insert it to your text document.
13) Click on “Settings” and then on “Seed & Keys”.
14) When the program prompts you to enter your password, you can just click “Continue”.
15) Now double-click on any one of the keys. This copies all of them to the clipboard. Paste them to your text document then.
16) Your text document should now look similar to the screenshot below. Print the document by using a wire-connected printer. You can now use the primary address to transfer funds to your wallet.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. We endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, but we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under our control. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.